Saturday 2 February 2013

In the Shadow-

Hi Everyone,it's been a while since the last post is updated.May Peace be with you!

Today I woke up,dragged my heavy body to my working desk only to face the laptop and usual facebook-ing in the morning. As i was listening to the song from Gateway--你真好, a sudden urge to catch up with my devotional reading book fills me. I have to be honest that it's been weeks since I've been doing devotion,and always,God has His plan.

Ever wonder why there is a need of darkness when God is so powerful that He can allow only Light in our lives? Ever wonder why there is always challenges and difficulties in life,in your life; in other people's life. Take a look around you and you'll realize that there is too much 'Darkness' instead of the good.

Gun Crime that killed 20 children and six adults at a primary school in the US state of Connecticut.


231 victims were killed in a nightclub fire in southern Santa Maria.
(Image taken from BBC)

And so today,I invite you to deeply ponder on your life. That during the "darkness",What is it that you've replied to God? A lot of people were stuck in the "darkness" for a long while,because all they do was to complain to God. Like a car broken down in the middle of the road,yet all the driver did was to stand there and complain about the broken car, never intending or thought of calling the mechanics to help out. Same goes with being as a player in sports. 

Throughout my life when i was raised with a father who priced badminton as the greatest sport of all, the young me followed on. Practicing badminton every weekend, and whenever i get to see a badminton match, I observe how the players play, how they react and even how they celebrate when they win! I followed them all. I was sure that I can be as good as I can be one day. But then as time passes by,and i was no longer elementary school, that phase was the hardest for me. The constant nagging of my dad(who is teaching me more about badminton) just irritated and annoyed me. I was furious with his coaching. 
"Why does he always have to scold me?"
"Isn't it just a game?"
And at that point,I fell into the hole of "darkness" ,I became very unmotivated,my performance was downhill. I never really listened to what he says anymore,because the rebellious part of me was holding me back from improving. For months I dwell on this darkness,having 0 improvements for months after years of playing. It is a very serious problem.
But then came the day where my dad got his leg injured,hurt until he is unable to play for months and was forced to put badminton aside for a long while just until his ankle recovers. 
I was on my own.

There was only me and God. And in that instance,all the nagging wasn't there. All the Guidance was no longer there during a game. I felt lost,lost in the sense of direction.Lost in a sense that I did not know what to do is best. And I thought I'm out of the darkness. Only to know that this is the real challenge.
"In the shadow of His hand He hid me;He made me into a polished arrow and concealed me in His quiver.(Isaiah 29:2)"
The shadow. The shadow that we are in,is the shadow of His hands. And because of His wisdom,He acknowledged that there are some lessons that can only be learnt only when He leads .He has not thrown us away as something worthless,but is keeping us nearby until the moment comes when He can send you quickly and confidently on some mission that can bring Him glory.

And so did i mentioned that it was that period that I've grown into a more matured player than before? I learnt so much during that time,because of the absence of my dad being beside me, I now treasure his presence of playing with me more. Because during that time, all I did was to apply what my dad taught me and constantly nag myself in my mind with the exact advice my dad gave.

The beautiful Indian Corn never grows more rapidly than in darkness of a warm summer night.

A quote from Alfred Pennyworth in Batman The Dark Knight.
"You spat in the faces of Gotham's worse criminals. Didn't you think there might be some casualties? Things were always going to get worse before they got better. "

-Signing off-
InspiredKid

No comments:

Post a Comment